Makes: 7 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 4-8 hours
Pork: 1 x 1.5kg slow cook scotch (Coles) pork Dry rub (to cover on pork!) 1 tsp olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, crushed (I used jar garlic - 2 tsp) 1 tbsp pink salt 2 tbsp fennel seeds 1 tbsp black peppercorn 1 tbsp chilli flakes 1 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp coriander seeds 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 tbsp smoked paprika
Juice for slow cooker
1 brown onions, sliced
1 Massel beef stock cube
1 cup of boiling hot water
Pink salt + pepper (good grind!!)
Sauce: 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard 1/2 cup tomato passata
2 Tbsp of celebrate health BBQ sauce 1 tbsp ground apple cider vinegar
1. You'll need a slow cooker for this recipe.
2. To make a dry rub grind the garlic and all the spices to a fine paste.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium fry pan over medium to high heat. Add pork and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer pork to a chopping board and with a sharp pointed knife, poke small pockets randomly into the pork flesh.
5. Rub the dry mix all over the pork, getting inside those pockets.
6. Place the onion and sprinkle pink salt in your slow cooker.
7. Add the pork and the apple vinegar - cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
8. Remove the pork and shred into small pieces with two forks.
9. OPTIONAL: if you like it ‘saucy’ - add the shredded pork into the sauce (left over) and mix well.
Macos per serve of pulled pork calories 206 | Fat 12 | Carbs 8 | Protein 14
OPTIONAL Slaw: (serves 2) Pre - bag mix of coleslaw
A diced spring onion
Handful of coriander
1 tsp of Dijon mustard
Macros per serve calories 31 | Fat 0.5 Protein 2 | carbs 7
You can also make your own (If you have time – this is more cost effective!)
1/4 red cabbage, sliced thinly 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped 1 Spring onions, finely sliced 1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp cbobani yoghurt
1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
Cindafit Serving recommendations:
Serve in a pulled pork bowl with 100g of cooked rice, diced cucumber, tomato, beetroot.
Serve in a slider bun, or sandwich thin filled with the slaw!