• 1 tsp Yeast
• 250g Wholemeal Plain Flour
• 35g happyway protein, your choice in flavour (Vanilla would work the best!)
• 45g coconut sugar (or save calories BY 45g of stevia)
• ½ tsp pink Salt
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 2 tsp Mixed Spice
• ½ tsp Nutmeg
• 175 ml light milk
• 30g nuttlex light spread
• 1 small egg
• 60 g Sultanas
• 1/2 Medium / 1 small Pink Lady Apple
• 30g Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
• 2 tbs water Glaze
• ½ cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup \ Apple and cinnamon (Queens)
1. Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix to combine and make a well in the centre.
2. Add all the wet ingredients to a separate bowl, mix and then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix to combine. Stir in the mix ins.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured bench and kneed for 10mins or until smooth (if you subbed the coconut sugar the dough will be too stick for this step)
4. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place to proof for 1 hour or until its doubled in size.
5. Portion dough into 10, roll into balls and place on a lined baking tray close together. Set aside for 30-45mins until they double in size.
6. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
7. Mix cross ingredients together until it forms a thick paste and pipe over the buns. 8. Place buns into the oven for 15mins.
9. While cooking, heat the maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat until it reduces by half. Brush the glaze over oven cooked buns and serve.
Macros Per serve: 164 calories | 25g Carbs | 4g Fat | 7g Protein | SERVES 10